Aadhar Card : when we fill a form then we have asked for identity proofs such as pan card, driving licence, voter card, etc. Whether that form is for applying for an exam form or opening a bank account. All such forms have some id proofs asked for.
It means that we must have at least one id proof with us. Otherwise we could not fill the form. When we book a room in hotels and restaurants. At that time, we have asked for an id proof.
Sometimes it is not easy to handle all these id proofs with us. That is why, indian government introduced a new id proof which is named as Aadhar card. Aadhar cards contain all our information such as address, name, mobile number. It comes with a barcode and a photo. The motive of the government is to provide a unique identity to every single person of this country.
Most primary thing about this aadhar card is that it has a 12 digit unique identification tracking code. It helps the government to search our information. If any of the family is of 10 members. Then every member has their personal aadhar card. Even family members apply for a aadhar card for a new born baby. The authority of India gives the responsibility to (UIDAI) Unique Identification Authority of India for handling all the data and details of aadhar card of the whole country.
How to apply for aadhar card ?
If you want to apply an aadhar card offline then you should follow these instructions which we are going to show you in further steps :
- You have to search out aadhar card center in nearby area or city.
- Then, they will give you a number slip. Now, you have to wait until your number comes.
- Then you have to give them the following documents such as Proof of identity, proof of address, Birth certificate or Marriage certificate, etc. ( Remember to fill your correct mobile number in application )
- After that, you have to go for a retina scan and biometrics scan.
- After filling all the information, please double check your details.
- They will give you a receipt after the verification. Remember that, you must have to handle that receipt carefully.
- Wait until 25 to 30 days, The aadhar card will come to your address which you gave to them.
- Sometimes aadhar card does not come to your address because of technical problems. But do not worry, you can download aadhar card from the internet.
You must have all the documents with you at the time of applying for aadhar card. Otherwise you have to face difficulties in aadhar card application.
In the opposite situation, if you forgot to give the information or provide wrong info to them. Then you can re-submit the application form by filling your correct information. In simpler words, you can update your aadhar card.
What information does the Aadhar card contain ?
- Aadhar card number of 12 digits
- your name
- Date of birth
- Your phone number
- Address information
- A photo of you
- Barcode which helps to identify your aadhar card number.
How to register a mobile number in aadhar card online ?
If you are familiar with the internet and computer. Then you can register your mobile number in your aadhar card just sitting at your home. You do not need to go anywhere, You just have to follow these steps which we are going to tell you.
- Open the browser, and visit the government website of UIDAI.
- On the home page. Select the category of “My aadhar card”. Under the aadhar services. Click on “verify email/Mobile number”.
- Then fill your aadhar number.
- Fill your correct mobile number which you want to register. ( Even you can submit your email if you want )
- Complete the captcha verification process.
- Click on Send OTP and an OTP will come on the registered mobile number.
- Submit that OTP Number carefully without any mistake.
- Once the verification process is complete. The message will receive on your mobile number that ” your mobile number is Linked with aadhar card”.
How to change name in aadhar card ?
- Go to aadhar enrollment center near your area.
- Just fill the update form.
- Fill your current phone number in the form.
- You have to submit your application form to the executive of the update center.
- They will give you the acknowledge slip which contains the URN.
- For taking the benefit, you will have to pay 50 Rupees.
How to change Photo in aadhar card ?
- Go to aadhar enrollment center in your city.
- Fill the aadhar correction form carefully.
- Just submit the form to the executive and submit your fingerprint.
- After that, the executive will take your photo.
- Executive will give you a acknowledge slip with the URN ( Update Request Number ).
- Pay the fee of 25 rupees + GST to the executive.
Note : URN can be used for checking your Update status.